Green smoothies are a quick and easy way to get large quantities of fruits and leafy greens into your everyday diet. Smoothies have become increasingly popular among urban Africans. Africans have been growing these veggies and fruits in their backyards for centuries, smoothies have now become a quicker way to get the nutrients they need for people on the go. They are a great way to appreciate a delicious drink that fulfils hunger and offers maximum nourishment. They not only have an exclusive colour but they also have great health benefits.
- Green smoothies are good for weight loss because they are low in calories and very filling.
- Green smoothies are very nutritious. The quantity of vitamins you acquire for the smoothies, is determined by the fruits and vegetables you select. Nonetheless, most fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins A and C.
- Green smoothies increase energy. Green smoothies have balanced sugar content because of their high volume of veggies.
- Smoothies are made using the both fruits and vegetables, so you get all the fiber in your drink, unlike fruit juice or vegetable juices.
- Green smoothies are easy to digest. Blending fruits and vegetables together breaks down the cells of plants and increases digestibility. Individuals who have a problem with indigestion once eating a full meal can also benefit, because smoothies are satisfying but light.
- Green smoothies will keep you hydrated. Drinking smoothies will help contribute to your daily water intake.
Green Smoothie Recipe
- 5 spinach leaves
- 1 medium green apple (chopped)
- 1 avocado
- 10 slices cucumber
- 2 cups water
- Ice (optional)
Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until thick and smooth. Pour into a glass and drink.